Thursday, February 18, 2010

Childhood Toys Part 5 [Pac-Mania, The Wild Side, Addendum]

- PAC-MANIA -


Me and my 1981 Tomytronic Pac-Man. My first official video-game. I played the daylights out of it! {Photo from Christmas 1983}
It began turning off on me while I was playing so one day, a friend and I opened the thing up to see if we could figure out what the problem was. All that needed to be done was solder a wire back onto it's connector, and my Mom tossed it out!

Pac-Man Board Game (Milton-Bradley 1982)
X-Entertainment Article

I also used to have a bunch of Pac-Man trading cards, A Pac-Man Lunchbox, and I still have a small Pac-Man Wind-Up Toy.


- THE WILD SIDE -
My pair of western themed cap guns (model #272)


Ok, so the next one isn't really a toy per say. Switchblade Combs!

Hell yeah I had one!
About a year or two ago I ordered a couple off of Switchblade Combs just for the heck of it.

Inspired by Rocky, here I am with a pair of boxing gloves and the Super Punch Bag under the tree, which was made to fit into any doorway. If you didn't tighten the arms enough or punched too hard, the whole thing would come flying off. I punched my brother and friends with the boxing gloves for years to come.

{Photo Christmas 1981}

Ahhh the days of realistic looking toy guns, faux switch blades, and candy cigarettes.

Pack of candy cig's and firework in hand, cuz that's just how I rolled, baby.
{Photo Summer Vacation, Eagle River 1984}


REFERENCES;
General
80's Kid
Feeling Retro
I-Mockery
In The 70's
In The 80's
Nostalgia Central
Plaid Stallions
Retroland
This Old Toy
Toy Archive
Toy Info
VH1 I Love Toys/Wikipedia Entry
Vintage Toys Blog
Virtual Toy Chest
X-Entertainment
Specific Focus
Board Game Geek
Bug Eyed Monster
Dukes Of Hazzard Products
Gallery Of Monster Toys
Garbage Pail Kids Online
He-Man
Hollywood Diecast
Hot Wheels Collectors
Matchbox Monster Trucks
Nathan's Muscle Page
Nichols Cap Guns
Original Big Wheel
Pac Man Museum
Retro Pedal Cars Big Wheel History
Schaper Five Winders
Switch Blade Combs
Star Wars Collectors
Weird Sci-Fi
Wild Toys

No comments:

Post a Comment